Date: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 to Wednesday, December 5, 2018
Start Time: 1:00 p.m.
End Time: 2:00 p.m.
Time Zone: Eastern
Purpose and Background
As blockchain technology rapidly expands into nearly every industry, professionals require training that goes beyond the basic blockchain definitions and theories. Over the course of these two 1-hour sessions this interactive virtual event will cover technical differentiation, benefits and enterprise-level use cases of blockchain. Incremental implementation and decentralization issues relevant to the Energy, Internet of Things, healthcare, and supply chain industries.
Primary Discussion Topics
- Technical differentiation, benefits and uniqueness of the blockchain, with an emphasis on incremental implementation.
- Developments by the big cloud providers, and the advantages and limitations of traditional databases versus blockchain systems.
- Blockchain as the Internet of Value, including digitizing real assets, digital asset trading, agreements and smart contract deployments.
Upon successful completion of both sessions, attendees will be able to:
- Discern how blockchain is different from other similar technologies and what its unique advantages can provide.
- Identify how blockchain applies to certain business use cases, and why that matters.
- Explain recent enterprise-level innovations powered by blockchain, including use cases in supply chain, power and energy, finance and healthcare.
- Recognize where the technology is going next, and ways to stay ahead of curve.
- Explore how blockchain technology can be used to solve problems and create real value for enterprises.
- Review case examples of implementations of blockchain–both in development and in-use–that highlight how businesses incorporate blockchain into their organizational strategies.
- Receive industry-leading knowledge and insights to help make the most informed decisions about blockchain-dependent businesses and operations.
- This event is designed for corporate executive leaders, engineers, entrepreneurs, and product and project managers considering incorporating blockchain into their organization’s strategy.
- It is also ideal for anyone who manages innovation in big enterprises and wants to hear about the technical aspects of using this in-demand technology to impact an organization’s bottom line.
- This event is not intended for blockchain developers or miners. However, developer consultants, seeking insight into customer questions and demands, may find this event highly valuable.
Virtual Event Outline
The virtual event will run from 12:00 PM–1:00 PM EDT on both 4 December 2018 and 2015 and 5 December 2018. Registration includes access to both days, as well as access to all content on-demand for the 14 days following the event. Registration cannot be purchased for access to only one day of content.
Registration is already available and closes at 9:00 AM EDT on 4 December 2018. Registration is $295. Individuals who register using a partner’s unique code or URL will receive a $50 discount; their registration will cost $245.
Each session consists of in-depth video presentation, real-time interactive knowledge checks, and live Q&A with the presenter. Topics include:
- Tuesday, 4 December 2018
- High level technical comparison
- Incremental innovation benefits and decentralization benefits
- Public, Private and Hybrid blockchain model trends
- Overview of use cases on Internet of Things and energy industries
- Live Q&A
- Wednesday, 5 December 2018
- Financial Industry – ICO and Cryptocurrency briefing and latest on regulations
- Smart Contracts – Benefits, challenges and implementations
- Overview of use cases relevant to supply chain management and healthcare
- Live Q&A
Upon successful completion of the post-event assessment, attendees will earn a digital certificate from IEEE along with 0.2 Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) / 2 Professional Development Hours (PDHs).
Instructor Name, Bio
Advanced Blockchain for Enterprise will be presented by corporate blockchain strategist and MIT lecturer, Steve Derezinski.
Steve Derezinski consults with major corporations on blockchain strategy and new blockchain ventures. He taught Blockchain Ventures at MIT Media Lab and Babson College, and sits on a number of boards and funding panels. He is an expert reviewer for a Federal Agency’s Blockchain Funding and a subject matter expert for large philanthropic foundations in the USA and EU. He holds a BS from MIT and MBA from MIT Sloan.
Register Now with the Promo Code
NSPE members should register using the following instructions to receive the group discount: