Negotiate It! How to Crush Your Fears, Develop Your Negotiation Muscle, and Gain Power in the Workpl

When:  May 27, 2020 from 02:00 PM to 03:00 PM (ET)

Negotiations can be intimidating. People often view this as a skill you either have or you don’t. And if you think you “don’t have it,” you might even fear it. You may ask yourself, “Can I really be successful in getting what I want?” “Why would someone change their offer, terms, or price simply because I ask them to?” “What if they get mad at me for asking?”

But the real problem with negotiation isn’t that it’s difficult or that only a gifted few can do it well. Instead, the real issue is that you haven’t been taught an easy, applicable way to negotiate. And you haven’t practiced in low-risk circumstances where you can build your negotiation muscle.

In this session, you will learn how to overcome excuses associated with negotiation and how to overcome your fear. You will also learn the proven formula of the Three R's - You will learn how to be:

• Ready
  • Relatable
  • Reasonable

You will learn the importance of how to "Make the Ask." You'll develop confidence, learn how to defend your position, when to anticipate push back and how to complete your negotiation strategically and efficiently. You'll be able to confidently adopt the "Don't Ask, Don't Get" philosophy.

Lynn_Price.jpg